We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- Astronaut Buzz Aldrin will be the Grand Marshal for the 2017 New York City Veterans Day Parade. United War Veterans Council Chairman Douglas McGowan announced today. Aldrin walked on the moon 48 years ago this week. UWVC produces the New York City Veterans Day Parade, the largest commemoration of service in the nation, and Veterans Day USA, a nationwide initiative to honor service, coordinating Veterans Day observances in communities from coast to coast.
- Miami Valley veterans chosen for Ohio Veterans Hall of Fame. Three Miami Valley veterans are among 20 statewide chosen as the newest inductees into the Ohio Veterans Hall of Fame. The two Air Force veterans and a former Marine include: * Blanche Aviles Casey, 73, of Beavercreek, a veteran of both the Vietnam War and Persian Gulf War era who became a federal servant after serving 30 years in the Air Force.
- Memorial Building program connects citizens, honors veterans. The Veterans Memorial Building in Nebraska City, created through a connection with citizens and with the intention to honor veterans, opened in 1929, served as community center for decades and fell out of use due to maintenance issues in 2007.
- 10th annual California Challenge for veterans rides through Central Coast. With the precision of a major military operation, more than 100 wounded veterans cycled through the Central Coast on Thursday heading for more than a far-off destination — they were biking toward healing. The 450-mile 2017 UnitedHealthcare California Challenge began Sunday in San Francisco and will wrap up Saturday in Los Angeles.
- Zayo’s Veterans Apply Skills On the Job and in the Community. Zayo has a long-standing commitment to veterans, actively recruiting and hiring former military personnel. “Our experience with veterans is that they bring high levels of leadership, integrity, discipline and a focus on teamwork to the job,” said Dan Caruso, Zayo chairman and CEO. Zayo’s veterans are also actively engaged in the community.