We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- How these veterans are using music to win the fight against PTSD. Deep in the rolling hills of Middle Tennessee, on land owned by two of country and gospel music’s most-acclaimed stars, is one of the most recent examples of how American veterans are taking control of their battle against their own demons.
- 23 New Laws For 2018 Intended to Help California Veterans. In a little over a month, another year will open with a crop of new laws that aim to make our state a better place for veterans to live. Many of these bills will improve outreach to ensure veterans are aware of the wide range of assistance available to them, such as obtaining free civil legal assistance, starting a farming or ranching career, or becoming a citizen after leaving military service.
- Bandaging Veterans’ Pain With Opioids Is Proving Deadly, Must Stop. In his 1961 novel Joseph Heller coined the term Catch-22 by describing a military rule that placed airmen in a double bind—unable to solve a problem because of the circumstances inherent in a problem. For Veterans in 2017, opioid abuse is the most devastating Catch-22. Military service leads to veterans suffering high rates of chronic pain.
- LC schools honor veterans. Lawrence County High School held a Veterans Day ceremony Thursday morning in the gymnasium as a show of appreciation to former service men and women and their families. Students were heavily involved in the events. Cheerleaders, the color guard, and the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps performed for the veterans. One student also performed the national anthem.
- The Best and Worst U.S. Cities for Veterans. Austin, Texas is the best city for veterans, with the lowest veteran unemployment rate in the nation, a strong economy, and appealing quality of life. A new report from personal finance site WalletHub ranked 100 metros by examining veteran populations, quality of life, local health facilities for veterans, local economies, and employment opportunities.