We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- New veterans ID card could be shown to retailers, VA says. In a push to make it easier for veterans to identify themselves to retailers and others, the Department of Veterans Affairs has rolled out a new Veterans Identification Card.
- Efforts expand to bring holiday cheer to needy Westland veterans. In the fourth year of Westland veterans being provided with Christmas dinners, the program is looking for public donations to help serve more veterans in need.
- New support group raises $20,000 for local veterans. The fledgling Veterans Alliance of Greater Haverhill Inc. exceeded its goal of raising $10,000 for local veterans causes, and the group did it less than three months after being formed.
- What Veterans Bring to Civilian Workplaces. Veterans have a great deal to offer to potential civilian employers, including valuable nontechnical skills, such as leadership, decisionmaking, being dependable, and attention to detail.
- It’s not a job, it’s a mission: Veterans Crisis Line in Topeka looking to hire responders. As a Veterans Crisis Line responder, Garrett Dickinson’s first rescue — which lasted seven hours — involved figuring out the exact location of a California veteran who was planning to end his life.