We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- Local bikers continue donating to veterans. Local bikers from across the area came together Sunday to deliver more than 600 cases of body wash to the Martinsburg Medical VA Center. While this might be surprising, according to Sam Diggs, a nurse at the center, it’s a definite need for the patients.
- Veterans receive gifts at VA. ristmas came early on Sunday at the Van Zandt VA Medical Center. Representatives from the VFW and VFW Auxiliary paid a visit to deliver gifts and cards to the 40 nursing home residents and nearly a dozen inpatients at the facility.
- Goodrich High School senior raises money for veterans. Goodrich High School Senior Brianna Saroli raised $1,103 from her VFW fundraiser capstone project, which involved the making of wristbands with the words “Remembering All the Veterans who have Served.”
- New bus, extra medical trips for local veterans. At least once a week for more than 20 years, Crawford County veterans have awakened early for a free ride to critical medical care in Cleveland. Now those veterans can chose one of three trips each week, and they’ll be riding in a brand new van…
- Volunteers offer final salute to veterans at Haven Hospice in North Florida. Each patient at Haven Hospice who served in the military is offered a final salute from a fellow veteran as a way to say thank you. Some have few breaths left in their bodies.