If you’re suffering from neuropathy, you may experience tingling, prickling, numbness, burning feet, cramps, and sensitivity to touch. This can be a severe condition caused by diabetes, chemotherapy, or other diseases.
To relieve pain from neuropathy, there are creams that you can use.
Best neuropathy pain relief creams
The best neuropathy pain relief creams are the ones that have the ingredients capsaicin, Lidocaine, CBD, menthol, arnica, and essential oils.
- Capsaicin – This is the substance that makes chili and peppers hot that can help relieve pain. It works by stopping your neurotransmitter or nerves that send signals to your brain when you feel pain. This way, it can reduce your perception of pain.
Be careful when using capsaicin creams because this can cause your skin to become irritated and can cause a burning sensation to the applied area. Always remember to wash your hands after applying it.
- Lidocaine – Unlike capsaicin that came from a natural substance, Lidocaine is a synthetic organic compound used in medicines. This is a local anesthetic that can also help relieve pain from neuropathy.
- CBD or Cannabidiol – This chemical came from the Cannabis Sativa plant. There is limited research on how CBD can help neuropathy, but some research promises CBD is very effective for relieving pain and has mild side effects. That is why Using CBD to help ease the pain is a more acceptable alternative than Opioids.
- Menthol – Also called peppermint camphor, can be found in peppermint oil. Topical creams containing menthol have been used to relieve minor pain, and menthol activates a channel involved in regulating sensory neuropathic pain.
- Arnica – This substance came from a yellowish-orange flower that grows in the mountains of Europe, and Siberia called Perennial Arnica Montana. Arnica can effectively help reduce inflammation, improve circulation, and enhance nerve healing.
- Essential oils – Oils with Ginger, chamomile, St. John’s wort, lavender, holy basil, and peppermint can help relieve and lessen pain from neuropathy.
Best Brands for Neuropathy Cream
Some brands make the best neuropathy cream; we will list down all of them so that you know which brands are to look out for in case you are considering buying neuropathy creams according to the Diabetic Sock Club:
- DSC Advanced Neuropathy Cream for Aches & Pain – A very effective topical analgesic cream that contains many natural components known to have anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects. This cream also helps with proper blood flow circulation.
- Nervex Neuropathy Pain Relief by Vita Sciences – An analgesic cream known to help reduce neuropathy and fibromyalgia. This cream includes vitamin B1, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, MSM, Capsaicin, Andrographis, and Cetyl Myristoleate.
- Instant-Relief DM Pain Relieving Cream by Insta-Relief DM is known for instant pain relief if you suffer from tingling, burning, itching, or pain because of diabetic neuropathy. The company claims that the cream has quick healing powers.
- Neuropathy by Nuturna – It is known for its high potential in treating or managing diabetic neuropathy. This cream has arnica, vitamin E, vitamin B6, Menthol, MSN, aloe vera, and tea tree oil.
- Nature Remedies by 100% Natural Products – This is an antiseptic cream designed to treat different conditions and is also known for managing mild diabetic neuropathy.
These are some of the brands that can help with neuropathy. It is best to talk to your doctor about what kind of medication and creams you can use based on your condition. If you want to know more about the different brands of neuropathy creams, you can check
Diabetic Sock Club’s article: https://diabeticsockclub.com/blogs/news/top-10-neuropathy-foot-creams-of-2021