Message on websites of Iranian, regional TVs claims ‘domain seizure by US govt.’
[ Editor’s Note: I do not claim to have a ouija board on this one. But I might have thought that while the 6th round of JCPOA talks had sent delegates back to their countries to coordinate on positions for the next round, that rocking the boat in the interim would certainly not bring a deal closer to fruition.
The only move in proximity to the US PressTV domain name sanctions today was the report from the incoming government that it would not accept any continuation of sanctions as part of the US coming back into the JCPOA. That in effect would signify that the Biden administration, like Trump’s administration, wants to change the deal.
The Republicans certainly want to deny Biden any victory lap on a new JCPOA deal. The opposition parties are now opposing progress 24/7, because even Bibi said to the new Israeli government that he was going to lead the strongest opposition in Israeli history. Bibi and Trump are probably still channeling.
The new Bennett government today, as part of getting into gear, stated that it wanted to repair the damage done to the Democrat/Israeli relationship under Trump.
But wait a minute, wasn’t that really a close relationship, based on the usual one where the Zionists want their main relationship to be with the President? Both parties in Congress have always been in the hands of the Israeli Lobby for as long as I can remember, with neither ever daring to complain about it.
Neither party has complained about the huge Israeli espionage operations here, including political espionage, and that activity has never called for sanctions against Israel. Imagine that. What we are missing here is the great line from the great Who song, “Won’t get fooled again.” 🙂 … Jim W. Dean ]
First published … June 22, 2021
In what seems to be a coordinated action, a similar message has appeared on the websites of a series of Iranian and regional television networks that claims their domains have been “seized by the United States Government.”
The notice, which appeared late Tuesday on the website of English-language television news network Press TV as well as a number of other Iranian and regional news channels, cited US sanctions laws for the seizure and was accompanied by the seal of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the US Department of Commerce.
“The domain presstv.com has been seized by the United States Government in accordance with a seizure warrant…as part of a law enforcement action by the Bureau of Industry and Security, Office of Export Enforcement and Federal Bureau of Investigation,” the message read.
The websites of Iran’s Arabic-language Al Alam television news network, Yemen’s al-Masirah TV channel and Bahrain’s Lualua television network were also among the targeted outlets.
The US government has not officially commented on the matter, but some reports said the websites might have been hacked. Press TV has announced that its website will be available on .ir domain.
Over the past years, the United States has for several times taken similar measures against Iranian media outlets.
The US tech giant Google has recurrently taken on Press TV more than any other Iranian outlet given the expanse of its viewership and readership.
In March, Google for the seventh time blocked the English-language news network’s access to its official YouTube account without any prior notice, citing “violations of community guidelines.”
The US-based social media giant Facebook also informed Press TV in the same month that its account had been shut down for what it claimed to be the Iranian news channel’s failure to “follow our Community Standards.” The page was reinstated a few days later.
The Tehran-based English-language news network has repeatedly fallen victim to censorship on multiple fronts, including Twitter and Instagram besides Google and its services.